Why The Oxford Townhouse?
You may be finding it difficult to decide between one place and another for your visit to Oxford but here are a few considerations that might help:
- Helpful and friendly concierge team
- Only 15 rooms, all air-conditioned
- Free on-site parking
- 15 minute walk to city centre with bus stop outside
- Complimentary WiFi
- Reception open from 8.00 to 22.30
- Delicious complimentary breakfast
We pride ourselves on meeting our guests’ expectations so perhaps we should mention a few things:
- Our rooms are not that large, averaging around 14 sq.m for doubles/twins and 19 sq.m for rooms with king-sized beds (US queen size.)
- All rooms have en-suite showers and no baths.
- Our rooms are spread over 4 floors and there are 8 steps up to the front door. We have no lift, although we do have a very enthusiastic concierge team that can help with luggage!
- We are not a full-service hotel and the only meal we serve is breakfast.
- Parking cannot be reserved and is offered on a “first come, first serve” basis. On rare occasions where we struggle to fit everyone in, we will direct you to a close-by Pay & Display car park (Less than 2-minutes walk away) and cover the cost of parking.
Because the only meal we serve is breakfast, the quality of the experience has become something of an obsession for the whole team. We are continually striving to make it the best we can by adding new items and looking for new suppliers.
Our 15 quiet and contemporary rooms are spread over 2 late-Victorian period townhouses in the Abingdon Road in Oxford, with easy access to all that Oxford has to offer.
Oxford has so much to offer as a city even if you are only here for a few days.
The best part is that The Oxford Townhouse is within walking distance, so we’ve highlighted some of our favourite locations in Oxford.