Breakfast is our Speciality
Some people maintain that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Even if that is not the case it is the only meal that we serve at The Oxford Townhouse so we strive to get it right!
Breakfast is served in the dining room from 7 – 9 on weekdays and from 8 – 10 on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
We have put a lot of effort into sourcing the best ingredients for your breakfast:
- We tested a number of readily available mueslis and granolas but none were as healthy or tasty as they claimed so we decided to make our own. Both are sugar-free although we have added dried fruit to the muesli .
- We grill the little known middle-cut of bacon which is specially dry-cured for us from their own pigs by local butcher Patrick Strainge.
- Hedges in the Covered Market supply us with their hand-made ‘Oxford Sausage’, a traditional pork sausage with all natural ingredients including Sage.
- We didn’t much like any of the ready-made vegetarian sausages on offer so we now make our own ‘Glamorgan Sausages’, the main ingredients of which are cheese (vegetarian), leeks, herbs and breadcrumbs.
Allergies and preferences:
We are aware that guests have certain preferences, intolerances and allergies and we have a range of alternatives:
- Almond and soya milk
- Flora dairy-free spread
- Gluten-free bread and croissants
- Dairy-free fruit yoghurt
Each morning we set up a self-serve buffet, but serve tea, coffee toast and all cooked selections from the kitchen.
Buffet items include:
- Home-made granola and muesli
- Orange and apple juice
- Semi-skimmed cows’ milk plus Soya and Almond alternatives
- Cold ham, salami and Dutch cheese
- Fresh seasonal fruit – e.g. strawberries. raspberries or melon
- Warm fresh pastries – croissants and pain au chocolat
- Homemade granola bars
- Yeo Valley organic bio fruit yoghurt and Total Greek yogurt
Traditional English Breakfast
Fuel-up for the day ahead with one of our cooked-to-order options. Try our traditional English breakfast:
- Middle-cut dry-cured bacon
- Oxford Sausage
- Free range eggs cooked how you wish
- Large flat mushrooms
- Beef tomatoes
- Potato rösti
- Black pudding
- Heinz baked beans
Your choice of crispy bacon or ham between a toasted English muffin and a poached egg topped with Hollandaise sauce.
Cooked with 3 free-range eggs and served plain or filled with your choice of Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon or ham.
Alternatively our ‘Full English Omelette’ is quite a surprise!